Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Weigh-In! And some other things . . .

It's been a super busy week!  Until yesterday I hadn't had a day off for a week, had tons of shopping to do, fun stuff planned with friends & I managed to go to the gym every day since I joined but Saturday (well, and today. . . but more on that later.)

Shopping for groceries always seems like an event in itself.  I'm the person that stands in the aisle & calculates how much I'm paying per ounce of one brand over the other & I'm indecisive to boot.  By far my favorite place to get groceries is Trader Joe's & I always make at least one big stop there a month to stock up.  Then, since I'm close by I'll run in Whole Foods for a few things I can't get anywhere else (or sometimes, remarkably, they manage to be cheaper there).  This is the result of the first leg of Karissa's grocery marathon.



It was too late to do much else but go home at that point, so I did.  Then the next day I ran by Aldi's to grab a couple items they had on sale & wound up with all this for super cheap!  I love Aldi's.



With a fridge full of goodies, I feel pretty confident in my food choices this week & am stoked for smoothies & soup galore!

When joining Club Fitness, they give you one complimentary personal training session.  Since I pretty much clueless as to how half the stuff there works, I was really thankful for the opportunity to learn a little.  When Mackenzie & I signed up we chose Tuesday (yesterday) for our appointment since I'm always off Tuesdays.  Turns out she got super sick, so I had to brave it alone.

I am a super awkward person most of the time, especially with people I don't know (not to mention a personal trainer who is going to ask me lots of question I'm not exactly comfortable answering).  I was a little nervous to go alone, but glad to have some one on one time with a trainer.  Darin was my trainer, he was super nice & he tailored my session to exercises that would do the most good for me.  I was doing good through the whole session & then he kicked my ass.  Hard.  Let's just say I haven't done squats or lunges in a long time & now I remember why.  I walked out after the session feeling fine & then when I got to the stairwell I quickly found out how badly he had kicked my ass.  Getting up the stairs of my apartment when I got home yesterday was a feat in itself & I'm quite sure I hurt worse today.  Work is not going to be fun tonight!  But I know that what he showed me is going to help me out a ton.  No pain, no gain, right?  Ow.

Now on to the good stuff!

When I started this blog last week I didn't start out with any concrete information on my weight or anything, to be honest when I wrote that first post, it all just sort of came out uncontrollably.  Honestly, I've been a bit scared to share my weight, its not something I'm proud of & that I want to shout from the rooftops (I can't even bear to tell the DMV that what my ID says isn't exactly true).

For quite some time I've been hovering around 280 pounds.  Its not a number I like.  At all.  When I came home after visiting my family over Christmas I randomly got on the scale & saw that I was at 286.  It was not a pretty site.  I was shocked & disappointed in myself & I knew that something needed to change.  Since I came back from that visit, my eating habits, for the most part, have drastically improved & with getting the gym membership I hoped that would jumpstart this process.

So without further adieu, as of yesterday my weight is:

274!!!!

With only a few weeks of better eating, less drinking & working out for 4 days I'm already down 12 pounds in the first few weeks of the new year.  Who's stoked?  ME!!!!!!

Alright, time to get ready for work now & try to hobble down the stairs.  My legs are virtually useless right now.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm also very jealous that you live close to a Trader Joe's. haha! Keep up the good work love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you roomie. I would really like to partake in the gym fun sometime next week. See you when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12?! That is such a win. I'm so seriously proud of you. I'm trying to get back into going to the gym as well. I need to eat better too. You are really good motivation. Seeing someone else doing well always helps me want to.

    ReplyDelete